Wednesday, June 20, 2012

You want me to do what?!?

My daughter was born on February 14th. That guarantees the day will have special, non-Hallmark greeting card meaning for me, forever.

However...another memory of that day, and how she arrived lives with me forever, too.

I'd been in active labor for about 10 hours (Oh yes, there is no debate: GET THE DRUGS), and I was tired and cranky, wanting to tell my husband and nurse what THEY could push, when my doctor gave me the best advice ever.

She said, "You're pushing like you're doing crunches. Don't push with your abs. Push like you're going to the bathroom."

Yup. Number two.

Yup. That is NOT in The Book. But it worked. Less than 10 minutes later, there she was.

I've passed my Dr's advice to a select few women friends, and each was shocked and grossed out over the idea. After the birth, they practically threw me parades.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment