Monday, June 18, 2012

Is it just me...I'm not enjoying this.

Ssshhh. Don't tell anyone, my babysitter told me, when my daughter was about 3 months old. She didn't like being pregnant.

Wow. I wasn't the only one. Other than a few months in the middle, I hated pregnancy. Not because of one thing--there were lots of "one things". Evening, afternoon and morning sickness curable only by eating green plums. Craving pork chops, after being vegetarian for years. Stretch marks on my butt. You heard me, my butt. Having an itchy belly for 6 months. Having my boss invite me to "waddle up to the plate" to take on a new assignment.

Yes, those were all "things" my dog-eared "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book NEVER told me.

Here's to my sitter--and the truth about where you'll REALLY find your stretch marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment